With summer on the horizon, many of us look forward to soaking up the sun. However, hotter temperatures and more time spent outdoors also mean an increased chance of sustaining an injury. The Bureau of Labor Statistics found that more personal injury accidents are reported in the summer months than at any other time of the year. Intense weather conditions and heightened distractions can prove dangerous for the roads, workplace, parks, pools, and other public spaces. Accidents can happen, and when they do, it’s important to understand your rights this summer. In this article, we’re walking our readers through (1) common summer injury cases, (2) what cases to report, and (3) if you or a loved one is injured, what you should do.
When it comes to personal injury, you may have more rights than you think. When you’re out walking your dog on the sidewalk, swimming in a public pool, biking on the street, driving your car, or working in the office, remember that the law is on your side. Summer injury cases are common. Let’s take a public pool facility for example. Say someone trips and falls on the slippery pool deck and injures themselves. A broken ankle, severe scrape to the arm, or head/spinal injury are all compelling causes for compensation. Did the lifeguard properly clean the pool deck? Were there any misplaced obstacles or hazards that a reasonable person could have tripped on? Did the pool facility follow all the local and state protocols? Here at RTM Law, we ask the right questions to get our clients the answers they need.
Let’s take a look at which summer injury cases are worth discussing with an attorney.
- Accidents in the workplace caused by (a) heat stress, (b) long summer work hours, (c) insufficient air conditioning, (d) extreme sun exposure, or (e) employer negligence
- Boating accidents caused by reckless drivers which result in personal injury or property damage
- Car accidents resulting from distracted TikTokers and Instagram influences
- Slip and fall accidents at public parks, public pools, amusement parks, and restaurants
- Bicycle accidents, including faulty sidewalk and vehicle crashes
- Motorcycle accidents and crashes
- Bitten by a dog (dog bite) when you’re out for a walk in the park
At RTM Law, we are highly experienced in personal injury cases and know how to get the compensation you deserve. We will listen to your story and carefully analyze the situation to make sure your voice is heard. Contact Ramin Montakab (949) 287-4342 for a free 15-minute consultation to learn your rights. We don’t get paid unless you win. But, most importantly, stay safe this summer!